Brushing your teeth is vital to your oral and physical health. Well-cared-for teeth are critical to ensure you have healthy gums and mouth. Some people may not think too much about the types of toothbrushes there are and how they play a role in your oral hygiene. However, Lovett Dental Pasadena wants to emphasize that they are an important part of your overall oral health. Let’s take a look at the various types of toothbrushes you may use.
Types of Toothbrushes
The different types of toothbrushes can be grouped into two main categories. At least, these are the two most familiar ones that people will be using.
This type of toothbrush refers to one that you operate manually. In other words, you move it around in a circular motion, brushing your teeth thoroughly. When selecting a manual toothbrush, you will notice rectangular ones with straight edges and some that are more rounded. Some may become narrower at the end to allow for reaching the back teeth.
Also, you’ll have options for the bristle type. These include:
- Soft — this works best for someone who has sensitive gums or tooth sensitivity.
- Medium — for people who have normal teeth and gums, medium bristles are typically used.
- Firm — if you need something to scrub off tartar and plaque build-up, a firm toothbrush is adequate. However, you probably wouldn’t want to use this all the time because it can damage the enamel on your teeth.
Another option you may consider for your teeth is an electric toothbrush. An electric toothbrush operates on a battery and rotates around in a circular motion. This type of toothbrush helps people who may have a hard time doing a thorough job on their teeth, especially the back ones.
An electric toothbrush is also helpful for children because they often have difficulty doing an adequate job or reaching the back teeth.
Other Factors to Consider When Choosing a Toothbrush
When choosing your toothbrush, you may want to consider a few factors, such as:
- Age of person — if you are dealing with a younger person, then you may need something softer and easier to use.
- Price — believe it or not, a toothbrush can be as cheap as one dollar, but it may be quite costly too. It all depends on what type you get.
- Quality — of course, you want a good quality toothbrush. The only time you may consider purchasing a dollar one is if you’re going to use it for traveling.
Welcome to Lovett Dental in Pasadena
At Lovett Dental Pasadena, our dental staff is ready to help ensure you get the best oral healthcare for your needs. We offer a wide range of services provided with compassionate care and expertise. No matter what type of dental service you need, we’re sure you’ll be able to get it completed at our office.
Our dentists are highly qualified and offer patients a personalized touch. Whether you need teeth whitening or just a teeth cleaning, you can rely on us to get it done with gentle care. You won’t have to be worried about going to the dentist’s ever again, because our sedation methods will relax you and make you feel at ease.
Get in touch with our office to discuss some of the many dental services we provide, such as:
- Dental bonding
- Teeth cleanings
- Cosmetic dentistry options
- Dental veneers
- Pediatric dentistry options
Take charge of your oral health now that you know about the different types of toothbrushes. Reach out for dental health care and let your smile shine. Contact Lovett Dental Pasadena at 281-998-8800, and we’ll get you scheduled for an appointment today.