Lovett Dental Pasadena offers teeth cleaning and dental exams for clients of all ages. You can schedule local teeth cleaning with one of our board-certified specialists at any time. With regular professional cleaning, your teeth will retain their appearance and performance for many years to come.
Whether you are 5 or 65, it’s never too early or late to get comprehensive teeth cleaning. To find out more about your dental options, contact our dental office. We can answer your questions, go over our services, and then schedule an oral exam. We make it easy to take care of your teeth at Lovett Dental Pasadena.
What Does an Oral Exam Include?
When you come in for teeth cleaning at Lovett Dental Pasadena, we may perform an oral exam before the cleaning. As you get older, your oral exam will involve different types of assessments. Your dentist or hygienist may perform routine exams, such as:
- Diagnostic X-Rays – X-rays detect medical conditions such as tooth decay, tumors, jawbone deterioration, or other problems in your mouth. We can also determine the position of your teeth or your roots. Diagnostic x-rays allow us to make a more accurate diagnosis.
- Oral Cancer Screening – If you have ongoing oral problems that will not go away, you could have oral cancer. An oral cancer screening allows us to check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, and gum tissue. We can identify any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation – Periodontal disease occurs when you neglect your teeth and tartar and plaque build-up on your teeth. Periodontal disease is treatable with the right exam and professional care. We check your gums and tissue around the teeth for any signs of gum disease.
- Tooth Decay Exam – Tooth decay also occurs when you neglect or abuse your teeth. We explore your teeth for signs of tooth decay. If we identify any decay, we can remove it, clean the affected area, and go over the options for repairing or replacing the tooth.
Teeth cleaning should always begin with a thorough exam so that we do not miss any potential problems. If we diagnose any issues, we will discuss further treatment to correct the problems.
Professional Teeth Cleaning Service
Teeth cleaning can include both light cleaning or deep cleaning to remove heavy build-up. If it has been a while since you have scheduled teeth cleaning and dental exams, we may have to perform extensive work to restore your teeth. After your exam, we offer cleaning services, including:
- Plaque Removal: Plaque is a sticky film that forms around your teeth and gums. It is a combination of food particles, bacteria, and other substances. Plaque produces toxins that can damage your teeth and gums. Daily brushing of your teeth is the best way to prevent plaque. However, thorough teeth cleaning can help remove plaque build-up in neglected areas of your teeth.
- Tartar Removal: Tartar (calculus) occurs when plaque is allowed to accumulate on your teeth. Calculus develops around the gum line. We can remove this stubborn tartar with the use of specialized instruments.
- Teeth Polishing: Once we remove the plaque and tartar from your teeth during teeth cleaning, we can restore their beautiful shine with teeth polishing. Polishing gets rid of any plaque or tartar that we missed during brushing and scaling. Polishing will make your teeth look and feel better. It will also preserve the enamel.
Schedule a Teeth Cleaning at Lovett Dental Pasadena
Regardless of the last time you saw a dentist. It is never too late to schedule an oral exam. Lovett Pasadena offers teeth cleaning. We can restore the appearance and function of your teeth today. Based on factors such as insurance and the treatment required, you may also be entitled to special offers for your visit. Contact us online or call us at 281-998-8800 to set up an appointment today!