The old saying that “a pound of prevention is worth an ounce of cure” is particularly true when considering a family dentist’s benefits. Without realizing it, our mouths can become the gateway for germs and bacteria that can cause problems that spread to the rest of the body. And good oral health is also important in its own right.
Paying regular visits to your family dentist is a fundamental part of good health for each member of your family. Your dentist should be able to provide the full range of general dentistry services — including preventive care — so that you and your family can keep your teeth and gums healthy and free from disease. The dentist also can provide or oversee more specialized services, including pediatric dentistry and restorative dentistry, like dental implants.
Don’t gamble by leaving your oral health to chance and the effects of aging and poor oral care. Contact Lovett Dental Pasadena to make us your family dentist.
Benefits of a Family Dentist
In the same way that you see a family physician for regular checkups, you should have a family dentist. Only going to the dentist when there are problems that can become a costly and painful exercise that results in more time and expense than necessary. Your family dentist can monitor your overall dental health and act in a preventative way. The benefits of a family dentist also include:
- Tracking dental history — the family dentist can be on the lookout for subtle changes over time and build treatment plans accordingly.
- Convenience — easy to schedule and coordinate appointments for the entire family.
- Building a trusted relationship — no reason to doubt the advice you’re getting; easy access to general dentistry.
- Prevention — the family dentist provides access to regular checkups.
- Support and education — family dentists can educate the whole family on proper oral hygiene habits.
The time to seek the right professional for your family is before there’s a problem. If you are looking for a quality, an experienced family dentist, look no further than Lovett Dental Pasadena.
What Can a Family Dentist Do for You?
The family dentist serves as your primary care provider for oral health. He or she will look at the big picture of things happening within your mouth, teeth, and gums. At a basic level, the family dentist will provide:
- Preventive exams to look for gum disease and tooth decay
- Support for filling cavities
- Repair and replacement of cracked, broken, and missing teeth
- Cleanings at least twice a year
- Oversight for orthodontic care
- Dental sealants and other preventative or cosmetic measures
The family dentist will also serve as a point person if you need care that’s more specialized, such as periodontics or some types of oral surgery.
How to Choose a Family Dentist
With hundreds of professionals at your fingertips, the choice of a family dentist can seem daunting. How do you know which one is right for you? As in selecting any service provider, you need to do your homework. Consider:
- Reputation — ask around among friends and family for recommendations.
- Location — choose a provider near your home or work.
- Insurance — do you have benefits, and does this provider accept them?
- Accreditation — find out if the dentist is part of the American Dental Association.
- Services offered — does the dentist offer more than just general dentistry, for example, special services, such as pediatric dentistry?
Make Lovett Dental Pasadena Your Family Dentist
Oral health is fundamental to your overall physical health. Our experienced team will provide the preventive and general dentistry services you need to keep your teeth and gums as happy and healthy as possible. Count on us for everyday services such as professional teeth cleaning and fillings and sealants. If something goes wrong, we’ll be able to step in and provide the repairs and reinforcements you need. Lovett Dental Pasadena staff possesses emergency dentistry skills to handle chipped or broken teeth, infections, abscesses, or more. If you’re anxious about seeing the dentist, we can also help through sedation dentistry.
Make the dentist part of your routine. Reach out to Lovett Dental Pasadena today by contacting us at 281-998-8800.